Monday, July 30, 2007

Life ten years later...

Charity's ten year high school reunion is this weekend. It is just crazy how time flies by! Growing up, 28 seemed like so far away. I had all kinds of thoughts about where I would be and what I would be doing...None of them ever included being a Pastor, living in Northeast Kansas, or putting my thoughts on the world wide web for anyone to read. I believe when we find ourselves in these moments where life catches us off-guard and we realize that we are not where we ever thought we would be, we have a decision to make. Will we look at our path and rejoice because we are in a place that much better suits who we are; that person we didn't know ten years ago? Or will we mourn the loss of yesterday's dreams? I guess it depends on where we find ourselves. At this point in my life, I wouldn't choose to be anywhere else. I wouldn't choose a different vocation. I wouldn't choose a different family situation. It may not be where I thought I would be, but in my case, it is so much better. I am not trying to sermonize, but there is a scripture promise that I believe sums up my thoughts. Paul says (and I paraphrase here) that no eye has seen, no ear has heard, no mind has ever conceived what God has planned for us. If I had been given a map of my life ten years ago, I wouldn't have believed it. I would have tried to avoid the lows and hang onto the highs, and I would have lost this moment in time, when I can look back and say, I wouldn't change it at all.

1 comment:

Reagan said...

Hey - I saw that you just requested me as a freind on facebook and saw that you have a blog! I was very excited about that...Jere and I also have a blog...you should check it out if you haven't already :)