Thursday, April 10, 2008

Busy months!

March was CRAZY!
We entered March having just completed our church Chili Supper, where we fed about 250, on Feb.29th.
It seemed the month hurtled toward Easter like a runaway train. I am not sure exactly how it all got done, but in the middle of that careening train I managed to make two spectacular Easter dresses for the girls, write 4 sermons for Easter weekend-two in Spanish, prepare six songs-4 in Spanish, teach a membership class, visit 2 doctors myself, shots and then check-up for Bella, all while adjusting to the early time-change and juggling all my other regular responsibilities.

I am always glad that I never over-commit...

Anyway, in a flash it was over, and now April is 1/3 of the way gone.
So far in April I have had three days down due to throwing my back out last week; Sunday regular schedule; Church Leadership Institute for Ministry in Wichita Monday, saw that KU three-pointer on our way out the door to come back to Emporia; more diagnostic testing to define whatever is causing my symptoms in Topeka Tuesday morning, Elder's Meeting that evening; visitation, Kid's Club, and Game Night on Wednesday. Thank God it is Thursday and my day off!

Left in April: Regular Sunday, Tuesday, Wednesday church activities; Gideon Presentation; Special offerings; Hosting Northeast Area Rally April 27th; Drive to Estes Park for Pastor's Retreat April 27th & 28th; Pastor's Retreat April 28th-May 1st. (First weekend in May will bring Alumni Weekend at Barclay, Rich's 10 year reunion, so we'll be driving from Estes to Haviland.)

Next thing I know, May 1st will come and I will be a year older. How time flies!

2 comments:

Reagan said...

Wow, you guys ARE busy! I find myself over commiting and then being so stressed out. It's a good thing that you know how to set your limits!

Unknown said...

happy Birthday, and good luck