Monday, June 2, 2008

Where has the time gone?

Having just realized that I have not blogged since April, I decided it was time for an update. May ...what can I say, I think it may have been even busier than March and April--if that is even possible.
I spent my birthday with my Aunt Jacque and Uncle David in Colorado. It was fun to see them and catch up. We were on our way back from Estes Park and Pastor's Retreat. From there we drove through crazy 60-70 mph side gusting winds back to Kansas and then South into Greensburg.
The original purpose of that trip was to join in the alumni festivities in Haviland for Rich's 10 year college reunion. On arrival, we found that no one was really there from his graduating class.
We spent the weekend, instead, with our friends in Greensburg commemorating one year of recovery from the tornado that left the town bare.
We ended our trip in Wichita staying at my Mother's and heading to Institute Monday night. Then back home on Tuesday morning, May 6th.
I had an appointment to have my wisdom teeth removed on Monday May 12th. Two went with an extraction, two surgically, and by Friday I was eating fairly normally. Having recovered from my oral surgery, I came down with a viral infection that stole my voice for four days, and left me coughing for the remainder of the month!
Now it is June, and I have no idea where all the in between time went. It seems we have jumped from activity to activity, and week to week until here we are, and it is almost officially summer!

No comments: